Monday, March 3, 2014

Kitchen Island Before and After

Ok so the other project I wanted to try was a kitchen island since the one we sold this summer sold so quickly so I started with this old cabinet that we found on the side of the road.

And I removed the knobs, added a back, added contact paper in the bottom, added a trim all around because the bottom of the wood was rotted at the bottom, stained the entire thing. (I learned from researching online that staining is like dying hair and as long as you are staining darker you dont have to sand.) added braces to the bottom and put new locking casters on it. For the top I took the leaf from my old table, sanded it, waxed it (with food safe wax) added a 1x2" trim and hooked it on with L brackets. It cost about 40 dollars for the wax, screws, L brackets and casters It sold for $180 in 2 hours. 




1 comment:

  1. k i seriously had no idea about the darker stain and not having to sand...ya coulda saved me a whole lot of pain this semester.

    ..n I definitely think this project takes the cake so far! Its amazing

    ReplyDelete