Friday, May 23, 2014

Picnic table top to kitchen island

Picnic table top to kitchen island
Ok so one of my favorite projects lately started when Jill found me this picnic table top out of the treasure haul.


I got the idea from the pallet island found on beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com. So JJ and I cut and stained the wood indoors because it was cold. Here is JJ getting nice and high from the fumes.

We used the 2x6’s from the picnic table top for the top and sides and then used pallet pieces for the shelf. We stained it with my favorite red mahogany and put a bees was on the top to seal it and make it food grade quality. The hooks on the side were from the dollar store and we spray painted them with the same copper patina spray paint we use for all hardware. The towel rack is my favorite feature and for that we got an old crib out of the treasure haul and cut and stained one of the rungs and then attached it with curtain rod holders that I had laying around. Here is the finished product. It was beautiful, easy, cost 5 dollars for the screws and sold for $120. I almost pulled a Mikeal and tried to keep this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment